MillennialEYE Live Residents and Fellows Poster Contest
MillennialEYE Live would like to extend this priority invitation to residents/fellows to attend the upcoming MillennialEYE Live meeting, now in its fourth year, being held at the Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, Tennessee, September 8–10, 2017. The future leaders in ophthalmology will convene for this unique meeting experience, designed exclusively for millennial-minded surgeons. Featuring a high level of digital interactivity, social media use, and audience participation, MillennialEYE Live promotes opportunities for education, interaction, and networking among peers and industry alike—in an environment tailored to this innovative demographic. To facilitate this educational opportunity, MillennialEYE is offering support to the first 50 US and Canadian resident and fellow applicants who submit a poster to the MillennialEYE Live Residents and Fellows Poster Contest below.
Each resident/fellow who is awarded support will receive the waiver of his/her registration fee to attend the meeting, two nights’ hotel accommodations at the Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel (or an alternative hotel in close proximity to the Sheraton based on availability) on Friday and Saturday night September 8–10, and a $200 travel stipend toward travel expenses. The foregoing support will be awarded to the first 50 residents/fellows who successfully complete and accept the terms of the poster contest application below.
In order to apply for support, you are required to complete and accept the terms of the poster contest as follows:
- Complete the “ME Live Resident/Fellow Poster Competition Submission” form below.
- You must complete all application fields, including contact, current practicing status and specialty, number of years in practice, along with the required poster information.
- Please READ CAREFULLY and accept the Terms and Conditions below
- You must currently be either a resident or fellow to qualify for this support.
- Submit your original poster, including but not limited to research on one of the following categories: Cataract Surgery, Refractive Surgery, Cornea, Glaucoma, Presbyopia, Ocular Surface Disease, or Posterior Segment.
- Upon successfully completing and accepting the terms of the application, if you are among one of the first 50 applicants, you will receive an email confirming our receipt of your application Upon confirming your application is in compliance with the online application/submission requirements you will be notified via email within 24 hours with further details relating to your receipt of one of the 50 Residents/Fellows support packages. The Residents and Fellows Poster Contest and Support Application link below will remain active until all 50 support grants are awarded.
- You are required to provide a valid credit card as part of the application process. No charges will be placed on your card; however, a valid credit card is required in the event you cancel your participation and attendance at the meeting as a support recipient outside of the cancelation period in which case, your card will be charged a cancelation fee of $600 (approximately the equivalent of the cost of the cancelation of your two-night hotel stay).
Additional Details Relating to Your Poster Submission
- Poster submission and presentation are ALL DIGITAL; no physical poster is required
- The top 3 poster winners, as selected by the ME Live Program Chairs, will be asked to present their posters on Friday evening, September 8, during the Poster Toast Opening Reception, where the presenters will be individually recognized
- The top 10 posters will be featured in the ME Live meeting app
- The top 10 poster winners will be notified by September 1 (with the top 3 notified and asked to be prepared to present during the Poster Toast Opening Reception)
- Residents and Fellows agree to attend all sessions of the meeting on Saturday and Sunday, including the Sunday Morning Residents and Fellows Master Class With Ike Ahmed, MD from 8:00 – 9:30 am.
- Meeting feedback and reviews via the meeting app are appreciated by residents and fellows in attendance
- For poster submission, all that is required is the text inputted in the fields below; the MillennialEye Live team will then input this text into a poster template for the top 10 submissions
- Please submit text only, as indicated above; if a poster is to include images/videos, the top 10 submissions will be contacted directly for these materials
The Poster Contest and Support Application deadline is August 25 or until the available 50 support packages are awarded, whichever occurs first.
For questions, please contact Camela at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to you joining us in Nashville this September!